Are you someone who still prefers to listen to soul-touching evergreen old Hindi song?
Well, you’re certainly not alone. From singers like Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar, it was indeed a surreal era, to dwell into the sweet harmony of these songs. Nothing can beat this era. The love and feeling in the lyrics and the music itself turn into such a beautiful melody.
This was the time we got to see how love can beautifully be interpreted through song. The best part about this evergreen genre of old Hindi songs never seemed to fade away.
People still choose the 70s, 80s, and 90s music over the ones that are created today. Why don’t we take a trip down memory lane and talk about some of the best evergreen old Bollywood songs of all time?
Some of you who might be listening to these Hindi old songs for the first time, I assure you that you will fall in love with these songs as “Old is Gold.” Let’s jump into our list of old Hindi hits songs.
All-Time Best Old Songs in Hindi To Listen | Romantic | Classic |
Before we go further, I would like to tell you that this is my old romantic songs list. If you love my list, please let me know in the comment section, if not it’s okay everybody has his taste when it comes to music. Comment down your own old Hindi songs list so that everybody can enjoy it.
1. Kabhi Kabhie Mere Dil Mein (1976)
This exotic old love song was performed by Mukesh, an extremely famous playback singer, who had been acclaimed in the music industry a numerous time. The song is from the 1976 Bollywood movie, Kabhi Kabhie. The song features two wonderful actors, Amitabh Bachchan and Raakhee, while it talks about their immense love for each other.
If you haven’t heard this song, then stop whatever that is you’re doing and listen to it. Here’s a link:
This soulful old romantic song is such a pleasure to listen to and has won 3 Film fare awards, for best music, best lyricist and best male playback singer. If you happen to love someone, then this is the song that you must sing to them.
2. Lag Jaa Gale (1964)
Words can’t describe the beauty that lies in the voice of the great Lata Mangeshkar. This classic Hindi song was specially written by Raja Mehdi Ali Khan, for the 1964 film, Woh Kaun Thi? This was a romantic song that was correctly rendered by one of the greatest playback singers.
Listen to this beautiful old love song here.
Lata Mangeshkar claimed that in the 70 years of her career, this was an old Hindi song that will always be etched onto her heart. The late actor, Sadhna, perform the song. Fans around the world still remember her through this lovely performance.
3. Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas (1973)
Kishore Kumar, had such an incredible talent, that his voice gave life to this song. Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas, was such a super hit song, that it remains to be one, as it was recreated twice. This song was in the 1973 film, Blackmail.
If you haven’t heard this evergreen old song, check it out here.
The song mainly focuses on the idea, of how a man will never forget the woman he loves, even if she is far away from him, he happens always to find her in his heart. The song features, the main actors, Raakhee and Dharmendra. This soft romantic melody will never let you down on a sad or gloomy day.
4. Yeh Dosti (1975)
The perfect tune for you and your best friends. Once again, sung by the very famous Kishore Kumar along with Manna Dey. This song is from the 1975 Bollywood movie, Sholay, which is considered to be one of the best Hindi films that there is today. Check the song out here.
The old friendship song Hindi featured Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra, who are two thieves, but the best of friends and this song portrays their unapologetic friendship. Yeh Dosti is a friendship song that touched the heart of millions and still does today. When people to listen to this tune, there is a sense of nostalgia in the air.
5. In Ankhon Ki Masti Ke (1981)
Perhaps this would be a song that would play in Paradise. Sung by the tremendous Asha Bhosle and featured by the wonderful actor Rekha this song has gone up to reach great heights of fame, this song was in the 1981 movie, Umrao Jaan.
Asha Bhosle has even received the National Film Award for the best female playback singer for this song in particular. Times of India also selected this song to be the best song ever to picture Rekha and Farooq Shaikh. If you happen to be a fan of slow and transitional music, then this is perfect for you.
6. Ek Do Teen Char (1988)
If you’re looking for tunes that will let you dance away all your worries, then this is one evergreen old song you must listen. Sung by the famous, Amit Kumar and Alka Yagnik, this song blew up its records because of the famous actor and dancer, Madhuri Dixit.
It is still considered to be a renowned hit, as it was recently recreated in a movie called Bhaagi 2. This famous song is from the film, Tezaab, and its soundtrack has sold over 8 million units and was considered as one of the best old soundtracks of all time.
7. Mere Samne Wali Khidki Mein
Just as the name of the movie goes, Padosan, which means Neighbor, this song depicts the love this man has for his beautiful neighbor. Well, such a famous would have been sung by the very renowned Kishore Kumar. This old Hindi romantic song features Saira Banu and Sunil Dutt, who, in that era, was a well-acclaimed actor.
A cute love story, with just the right amount of cheesiness, this Bollywood old romantic song is truly one of a kind, especially the lyrics of this love song, which was written by Rajendra Krishnan.
8. Gulabi Aankhen (1970)
This vintage old song Hindi portrays a completely different form of emotions, to watch the movie depicts. Gulabi Aankhen is a love song that is sung by Mohammed Rafi and features the very famous Rajesh Khanna and Nanda.
It is a song from the thriller based movie, Train. This is one of the songs in the old Hindi song list that has given a great deal of praise for its lyrics.
9. Badan Pe Sitare Lapete Huye (1969)
Mohammed Rafi is truly one of a kind singers and is even today remembered for his incredible performances. This song is yet another great performance by him. It is in the movie, Prince and features, Vyjayanthimala and Shammi Kapoor. Yet another late 60s song that blew up its records.
10. Inteha ho gayi intezaar ki (1984)
The subtleness of this song and the way it portrays love and desire are what makes this one so special. This song is shown in the film Sharabi starring Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Prada.
Of course, this song would not have been complete without the two wonderful playback singers, Kishore Kumar and Asha Bhosle. Amazingly enough, Kishore Kumar had won his 7th Film fare award for this song. The movie Sharabi itself had a wonderful listing of songs, but nothing could beat the lush melody of inteha ho gayi.
11. Khaike Pan Banaraswala (1978)
Perhaps one of the best songs in the 70s era. This song had not only gotten famous in India but all around the world. Once again, sung by the very famous Kishore Kumar.
This song was featured in the film Don and had the extraordinary Amitabh Bachchan play as the main lead. The lyricist of this song, Anjaan had won a film fare award for best lyricist. The same song was recreated in 2006.
12. Mere Sapno Ki Rani Kab Aayegi Tu (1969)
Enjoy this super hit Hindi classic romantic old song Mere Sapno Ki Rani sung by Kishore Kumar from classic Bollywood blockbuster movie Aradhana (1969) starring Rajesh Khanna & Sharmila Tagore.
Also Read: List of to Top 18 Motivational Songs In Hindi That Gives Me Goosebumps
13. Sar Jo Tera Chakraye (1951)
This song is part of a Hindi musical called Pyaasa. This is the old Bollywood song that caught the attention of millions of people and gave Mohammed Rafi nationwide fame.
Sar Jo Tera Chakraye was one of the songs in the film that adds humor to the lyrics and makes it a delightful song to listen to. People, even to this day, sing the tune of this song.
14. Mere Haathon Mein (1989)
This is one song that brought back the musical element in the Hindi cinema. Sung by the wonderful Lata Mangeshkar and written by Anand Bakshi, this was a dance number in the film Chandini, which was performed by Sridevi.
This film was considered to have the best soundtrack of not only the year but the entire decade. Mere Haathon Mein plays a preeminent role in the life of actor Sridevi and her renounced fame.
15. Pyaar Kiya Toh Darna Kya (1960)
This song is part of one of the most exotic films in Indian history, Mughal-E-Azam. It depicts the love between Prince Salim and his unrequited love, Anarkali. When the song was first released, it was a black and white song, as is half of the film. Check the song out here.
The entire reason this song is so pleasing to hear is because of the great Lata Mangeshkar who sang this song. The song is shot in the set that was inspired by the magnificent Sheesh Mahal of the Lahore Fort.
16. Rang Barse (1981)
If you’re someone who isn’t a folk song fan, then this song will change your mind. Rang Barse is a 1981 song from a very famous movie, Silsila. Check the song out here.
This is also said to be one of India’s best folks songs. It is sung by the actor who performs the song in the film, Amitabh Bachchan, while the lyrics of this song was written by his very own father, Harivansh Rai Bachchan. This old Bollywood song even today is a widely famous song that is played during Holi.
17. Jumma Chumma De De (1991)
From the movie Hum, this song acquired its fame because of Amitabh ji and Kimi Katkar. Another song starring Amitabh Bachchan that got nationwide attention. Kavitha Krishnamurthy and Sudesh Bhonsle sang this song.
The reason this song completely blew up its records is because of the typical idea of an ‘item girl’ and a handsome hero, which had a lot of appeal to the public as a whole.
18. Mera Jootha Hain Jaapaani (1955)
It is a song that was made for the film Shree 420. Sung by Mukesh and performed by famous Bollywood star, Raj Kapoor this song had reached all over the country because of the nationalistic element that is present in it.
Since this was a time that India had recently gained independence, people were embracing this song as if it were their own. It also metaphorically talks about the rich and elite of India who claims to be Indian, but it doesn’t show as they use materials that are imported from other countries.
19. Pyaar Hua Iqrar Hua (1955)
Once again sung by the all-time singers, Lata Mangeshkar and Manna Dey. This evergreen song depicts the love story between Raj Kapoor and Nargis in the film Shree 420.
The entire reason this song got so famous was because of the incredible duo of the main actors and the character they depict in the movie.
20. Yeh Reshmi Zulfein (1961)
Finally, once again, we will end this top 20 list of evergreen old Bollywood songs by mentioning this song and their excellent singer Mohammed Rafi. This song is from the Indian romance film Do Raaste. This song is pictured around the love between Rajesh Khanna and Mumtaz.
Old Hindi songs list of the 1950s
- Mera Joota Hai Japani – Shree 420
- Haal Kaisa Hai Janab Ka – Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi
- Bholi Soorat Dil Ke Khote – Albela
- Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi – Awara
- Mann Dole Mera Tan Dole – Nagin
- Sab Kuchh Sikha Humne – Anari
- Dil Tadap Tadap Ke – Madhumati
- Teri Duniya Mein – House No.44
- Jalte Hai Jiske Liye – Sujata
- Tu Ganga Ki Mauj – Baiju Bawra
- Yeh Raat Yeh Chandni – Jaal
- Shaam-E Gham Ki Qasam – Footpath
- Ek Ladki Bhigi Bhagi Si – Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi
- Duniya Me Hum Aaye Hain – Mother India
Old Evergreen Songs List of 1960s
- Pyar Kia Tho Darna Kya – Mugal E Azam
- Abhi Na Jao – Hum Dono
- Tujhe Jeevan Ki Dor Se – Asli-Naqli
- Tujhko Mera Pyar Pukare – Gumrah
- Tumhin Meri Mandir – Khandan
- Pukarta Chala Hoon Main – Mere Sanam
- Tumko Hamari Umar Lag Jaye – Ayee Milan Ki Bela
- Pardesiyon Se Na Akhiya – Jab Jab Phool Khile
- Bindiya Chamkeg Chudi – Do Raaste
- Tujhe jeevan Ki Dor – Asli Naqli
- Tumne Pukara Aur Hum Chale Aaye – Rajkumar
- Tumse Achchha Kaun Hai – Janwar
- Ye Samaa Samaa Hai Pyar Ka – Jab Jab Phool Khile
- Dil Ka Bhanwar Kare Pukar – Tere Ghar Ke Saamne
- Mere Mehboob Qayamat Hogi – Mr X in Bombay
- Iss Duniya Mein Jeena Ho Toh Sunlo Meri Baat – Gumnaam
- Jaaiye Aap Kahaan Jaayenge – Mere Sanam
- Jo Wada Kiya Wo – Taj Mahal
Best Old Bollywood Songs List of 1970s
- Khaike Paan Banaraswala – Don
- Karwatein Badalte Rahe – Aap Ki Kasam
- Parda Hai Parda – Amar Akbar Anthony
- Pal Bhar ke Liye – Johny Mera Naam
- Ek Ajnabee Haseena Se – Ajnabee
- Yeh Shaam Mastani – Kati Patang
- My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves – Amar Akbar Anthony
- Kaanta Laga…Bangle Ke Peechhe – Samadhi
- Tu Mungla Mungla – Inkaar
- Meri Pyari Behaniya – Sachaa Jhutha
- Yeh Mera Dil Yaar Ka Deewana – Don
- Badi Sooni Sooni Hai – Mili
- Kahin Door Jab Din – Anand
- Main Tulsi Tere Aangan Ki – Main Tulsi Tere Aangan Ki
- Ek Din Bik Jaayega – Dharam Karam
- Thoda Sa Thehro – Victoria No.203
- Teri Meri Meri Teri Yaari – Charitraheen
- Aaj Imtihan Hai – Suhaag
- Jeena Yahan Marna Yahan – Mera Naam Joker
- Mehbooba o Mehbooba – Sholay
- Yeh Dosti Hum Nahin Todenge – Sholay
- Na Koi Umang Hai – Kati Patang
- Kuch Toh Log Kahenge – Amar Prem
- Jab Zero DIya Mere Bharat Ne – Purab aur Paschim
- Kabhi Kabhie Mere Dil Mein – Kabhie Kabhie
- Aaj Na chodenge – Kati Patang
- Chura Liya Hai Tumne Jo Dil Ko – Yadon Ki Baarat
- Yaadon Ki Baarat – Yaadon Ki Baarat
- Mere Dil Me Aaj Kya Hai – Daag
List of Hit Hindi old Songs in 1980s
- Jeena Hai Pyar Mein Jeena – Love Love Love
- Hume Tumse Pyaar Kitna – Kudrat
- Ek Haseena Thi – Karz
- Hothon Se Chholon Tum – Prem Geet
- Dard E Dil – Karz
- Shayad Meri Shaadi Ka Khayal – Souten
- Dilber Mere Kab Tak Mujhe – Satte Pe Satta
- Aaj Rapat Jaayen To – Namak Halaal
- Sun Sahiba Sun – Ram Teri Ganga Maili
- Jab Se Tumko Dekha – Kaalia
- Pyar Mein Dil Pe – Mahaan
- Roz Roz Aankhon Tale – Jeeva
- Duniya me Kitna gham hai – Amrit
- Yaar Bina Chain Kahan Re – Saaheb
- Bichchoo Lad Gaya – Inquilaab
- Jaane De Jaane De Mujhe – Shahenshah
- Phir Chhidi Raat – Bazaar
- I am a Disco Dancer – Disco Dancer
- Humein Aur Jeene Ki – Agar Tum Na Hote
- Ae Zindagi Gale Laga Le – Sadma
- Dil Cheez Kya Hai – Umrao Jaan
- Meri Kismat Me Tu Nahi Shayad – Prem Rog
- Aye Mere Humsafar – Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak
- Saagar Kinare Dil Ye Pukare – Saagar
- Saari Duniya Ka Bojh – Coolie
- Mere Naseeb mein – Naseeb
This evergreen era will never fade away. All through the 50s to the 90s was an era that was pure gold. A mixture of love, anger, hope and nationalism, these old Bollywood songs bonded the people of our country together.
Perhaps it was the emotion of every word in these classic old songs and the melody of every tune that still keeps this era alive and going.
You might be interested:
What are some of the best old Hindi songs?
Kabhi Kabhie Mere Dil Mein (1976)
Lag Jaa Gale (1964)
Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas (1973)
Yeh Dosti (1975)
Yeh Aankhen Uff Yun Maa Jab Pyar Kisi Se Hota Hai
In Ankhon Ki Masti Ke (1981)
Bindiya Chamkeg Chudi
Ek Do Teen Char (1988)
Mere Sapno Ki Rani (1969)
What are best old Hindi romantic songs?
Kabhi Kabhie Mere Dil Mein (1976)
Lag Jaa Gale (1964)
Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas (1973)
Tumko Hamari Umar Lag Jaye
Gulabi Aankhen (1970)
Mere Sapno Ki Rani Kab Aaoyegi Tu (1969)
Tu Ganga Ki Mauj
Pyaar Hua Iqrar Hua (1955)
What are best old Bollywood songs?
Mere Sapno Ki Rani (1969)
Mere Samne Wali Khidki Mein
Gulabi Aankhen (1970)
Bichchoo Lad Gaya – Inquilaab
Jaane De Jaane De Mujhe – Shahenshah
Phir Chhidi Raat – Bazaar
Badan Pe Sitare Lapete Huye (1969)
Intehan ho gayi intezar ki (1984)
Khaike Pan Banaraswala (1978)
Sar Jo Tera Chakraye (1951)
Mere Haathon Mein (1989)
What are old classic Hindi songs of bollywood?
Bholi Soorat Dil Ke Khote
Pardesiyon Se Na Akhiya
Jalte Hai Jiske Liye
Tujhe Jeevan Ki Dor Se
Teri Meri Meri Teri Yaari
Yeh Mera Dil Yaar Ka Deewana
Kuch Toh Log Kahenge
Mehbooba o Mehbooba
Babul Ki Duayein Leti Jaa
Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi