Planning a trip to Jaipur? Just Be Witty brings you the places to see in Jaipur.
Jaipur, popularly known as a ‘pink city’. It is a desert capital of India, and also the capital of India’s largest state Rajasthan. It is referred to as the Pink City because of the pink walls and buildings of the old city. With so many places to see in Jaipur let us uncover few of the best places, you must see on a trip to Jaipur.
Best Time To Visit Jaipur: October – March
1. City Palace
City Palace is famous for its architecture and royal history. The huge complex of the monument, buildings, and gardens are the fusion of Rajasthani, Mughal, and Western architecture.
- Timings: 9.30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- Photography is not allowed in few specified areas.
2. Don’t miss the exceptional architecture of ‘Hawa Mahal’
Hawa Mahal or famously called as the palace of winds is one of the best places to see in Jaipur. It is very beautiful and peaceful place to enjoy.
- Tickets: 100 INR for Overseas Tourists and 20 INR for Indians.
- Opening hours: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm daily
3. Jantar Mantar Observatory
Places to see in Jaipur (source)
Jantar Mantar of city Jaipur is one of the largest stone astronomical observatory in the World. Jantar Mantar literally means the calculating instrument.
- Entry Tickets:
- Foreigners: INR 200 for adults, INR 100 for students
- Indians: INR 40 for adults, INR 15 for students
- Visiting hours: 9 am to 4.30 pm daily.
4. Spare some time for art and culture in the ‘Albert Hall Museum’
This museum is one of India’s oldest museum completed in the year 1887. It is the house of the finest collections found be it art and craft or stones and ivory.
- Unfortunately, photography is not allowed on the premises.
- Opening Hours: 10 a.m. to 4.30-5 p.m. daily.
5. Get captivated by the thing of beauty at ‘Jal Mahal’
Jal Mahal is popularly known as the water palace is one the best places to see in Jaipur. Entry to this wondrous Jal Mahal place has been restricted. However, you can enjoy this beauty anytime as pathway does not have entry fee. You can click as many pictures as you want.
6. Get awed by the brilliance of the ‘Amer Fort’
Also known as Amber Fort, located in Amer situated 11 km from Jaipur. It was constructed in the year 1592.
Things to Do In Amber Fort
- Try elephant riding for just Rs. 900 for 2 people
- Enjoy the show in the evening. INR 200 for English show, INR 100 for Hindi show
- Fort: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Light & Sound Show: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm (English), 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Elephant rides: 9:00 am – 11:30 am
7. Shop in various colorful Bazaars of Jaipur
No trip is completed without shopping be it for you or for your friends and family. Jaipur has so many local bazaars where you can find each and everything you want that too at affordable price.
- Johri Bazaar
- Gopalji ka Rasta
- Bapu Bazaar
- Tripolia Bazaar
- Chandpol Bazaar
- Nehru Bazaar
Places within 50 km in Jaipur:
- Hawa Mahal: 6.5 km
- City Palace: 6.1 km
- Nahargarh Fort: 7.2 km
- Sisodia Rani Garden: 8.6 km
- Jal Mahal: 10.6 km
- Amber Palace: 14.3 km
- Jaigarh Fort: 12 km
- Nahargarh Sanctuary: 23 km
Places within 50-100 km of Jaipur:
- Sambhar Lake: 82.9 km
- Abhaneri Step Well: 95.8 km
The list of places to see in Jaipur is never ending, there is so much to explore in the pink city. For more information on traveling ideas stay tuned with our blogs.